Founders We Fancy: Brittany Gray
Welcome to Founders We Fancy, a new series where we’ll be featuring female-identifying founders and leaders who inspire us. Part of our commitment to helping women find rest includes lifting each other up by promoting other female-founded businesses . Today we're highlighting Brittany Gray, founder and CEO of Canadian-based beauty company, Fancy Face. We asked Brittany to answer some questions about how she makes time for herself and her favourite self-care activities in our second Founders We Fancy Q&A.
Get To Know Me:
Name, Location, and Occupation:
My name is Brittany Gray and I am the Founder & CEO of Fancy Face Inc - a first-class hair & makeup team and Canadian-based beauty company. I personally live in Toronto, however, the service side of our company is bicoastal (Toronto & Vancouver) and our product line is also available across North America!.
Current Beauty/Wellness/Self-Care Obsession(s):
The amount of my beauty obsessions are off the charts. I’m a certified beauty junkie!
1) Lately I’ve been loving Necessaire body products (their sandalwood shower gel and body exfoliant are both incredible), I adore the Ouai Shampoo & Conditioner for Fine Hair to ensure my locks stay on point - the smell of it is heaven-sent.
2) When it comes to skincare, I have SO many favourites. A few that top my list are the Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Meltaway Cleanser, The Ordinary Hyaluronic Serum, the Isle Of Paradise Tanning Drops (usually mix 3 drops into my moisturizer 2-3 times a week), our Fancy Face Stardust Gel Eye masks are a true-lifesaver and make me feel awake and alive (especially if you place them in the fridge beforehand) & our Supermodel Lip Bath (in either strawberry strut or honey shot) is my secret weapon to keep my lips supple and pump in the colder months!
3) As for perfume, I’m a Tom Ford lover and never waver. Black Orchid has such a sophisticated smell and always makes me feel glamorous when I wear it.
4) For makeup, I just have SO many staples. Our signature BB Cream in Light or Light/Medium depending on the time of year is a must for dewy, hydrated & fresh skin. Our Maui Mood Bronzer is an absolute must-have for contouring the face and bronzing the skin. It gives you that healthy glow & it is truly my “stranded on an island” product that I ALWAYS need. Our Blossom blush and Dew-U highlighter are game-changers. I love the Laura Mercier Burnished Bronzer eyeliner to define my eyes on the daily. Marc Jacobs Lash Primer and Velvet Noir Mascara are the best pairing for full and lush, lifted lashes.
5) For lips, I’m OBSESSED with our Nude Lipliner to plump up the look of my lips and I flip between our Ivy Girl matte Lipstick or our La Vie En Rosé lippie bundle in Angel (the lipstick) & Whisper (the gloss). Both are super feminine, flattering and make me feel my best.
I Like To Spend My Free Time Doing...
I like to spend my free time spending time with my two ‘babies’, Ivy (she’s 4) and Nash (he’s two), along with my husband and BFF Mark, my mom Denise and our fur baby Hugo Boss. On the weekends, we usually take walks to the park, visit our local coffee shop for a relaxing coffee and snacks for the kids. We spend a lot of time with our family and I’d say our house is definitely a turn-wheel of my in-laws or my mom. Our kids are obsessed with spending time with their grandparents... and as we’ve gotten older, so are we.
I Unwind With...
I unwind (not as much as I’d like to) but I usually love a good bubble bath, a glass of wine or lately a good old aperol spritz. I just binged the TV show ‘Younger’ and I just love getting into a good show like that to relax and shut my brain off after the kids are in bed.
I’m Most Passionate About:
I’m most passionate about my family, close friends, business development & everything makeup. I love nothing more than being a wife & a mommy and I also love nothing more than chasing my dreams and following my heart at the same time..
Night out with girlfriends or night in with myself
Night in with myself & my fam. Mark and I are really homebodies. As we’ve gotten older, we really enjoy our quiet time together.
When I sleep: silent & dark or noise machine & night light
Silent and dark.
I wake up every morning with: a very strong coffee or a morning meditation
A very strong coffee with a healthy splash of oat milk (Earth’s Own Barista Blend is THE ONLY one I like and it’s sent from heaven - and Canadian!) I also do love a good meditation session however! I usually use my (large) collection of crystals to help deepen my spiritual practice as well!
I feel most rejuvenated after: a full night’s sleep or a day spent with my family
This is a trick question for me. I love nothing more than a day spent with the family but with two pre-schoolers (2 & 4yrs), ain’t no one is going to feel rejuvenated after spending a full day with them. Motherhood and parent life is so rewarding but can be exhausting! So for this question, I’m going to have to go with a full night’s sleep.